Itinerary: August 2014 – January 2015
- Canada(Vancouver, Point Roberts, Victoria, Calgary, Banff, Edmonton, Whistler)
- USA (Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Nashville, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Key West, Crystal River, Washington DC, New York)
- Mexico (Hermosillo, Bahía de Kino, Nuevo Guaymas)
Averagly per month during the Exchange in Calgary at the Mount Royal University: 2.000€
- Flight: 850€ once (from Vienna to Vancouver and from New York to Vienna)
- University supplies: 500€ once
- Accommodation at the University: 1.000€ per month
- Food: 200€ per month
- Party and going out: 400€ per month
- Excursions and Travel: 400€ per month
- Trip to USA and Mexico: 2.000€ (1 Month including flights)
The prices in Canada are more or liess like in Europe. The main difference is that fresh food and especially alcoholic beverages are way more expensive! Thats where I misscalculated my budget in the beginning. However I didn`t really try to save Money there so I am sure ist possible cheaper.
I am really sure it doesn’t matter where you do an exchange… it will be perfect if you go into it open minded, motivated and with a lot of energy! Truth is before going there I didn’t even care about traveling and now I can’t imagine how it would be withoug going to explore the world.
You will be part of an exchange group which means everyone you meet at the beginning is really crazy motivated for the upcoming Semester so everyone is partying going for hikes or visiting other cities … and of course so many of the other exchangers will become you best friends really fast. For me actually turned out that I got a girlfriend from Mexico – maybe that’s the reason I got that interested in the culture down there. However this was the start for me and to everyone thinking if an echange is worth it… the answer is yes! It is definetly worth the Money.
For Pictures check out Instagram with #maxploringexchangecanada